One element of my teaching life is that I've been a test prep and college admissions tutor since 2007. At first, I happily worked for a major test prep company, where I had satisfaction ratings around 97%. But when the company made changes I didn't like (and when I entered full-time teaching), I left the company in 2011 and started freelance tutoring in 2012.
But as much as I love helping students, the demand in my community is high enough that I couldn't keep up; I hated turning away tutoring students, but I also hated how over-committed I had become and the impact it was having on my daytime students (as well as my family!)
So, in summer 2016, my online tutoring courses were born. I've started compiling all the standard information I would say to ALL students into bite-sized lessons in the hopes that students could then go through the information at their own pace.
The other benefits of online courses include:
- Cheaper than in-person tutoring
- Easier to "fit" into a high school student's busy schedule
- More "fair" access to more students (since I don't have to turn anyone away)
Click the links below to see what online courses I currently have to offer (primarily for American high school juniors and seniors, though more may be added in the future):
- ACT Test Prep Course: Improve scores in all five sections of the test! (Updated for the 2015-16 writing section)
- College Admissions Essay Boot Camp: Learn everything you need to know to brainstorm, draft, and revise a competitive essay for the Common App (and other common prompts)
Feel free to use the contact form on this website OR email my tutoring address directly: email@example.com